Monday, September 1, 2008






So we went to Las Vegas for Donovan's 8th birthday let me first say we had a great time but as most of you know we don't have the best of luck. It all started when Craig got a speeding ticket in Arizona, we thought the speed limit was 75, he was going 81 and the actual speed limit was 55, I think it's a conspiracy! Right out of St George into Arizona is a stretch of roughly 6 miles through a canyon, well around the curves is a little curve sign in yellow with a yellow 55 mph sign, well apparently it's 55 mph through the entire stretch. And what a nice guy the cop was and only wrote the ticket for 70 mph, a $200 ticket. I never saw a sign that said 55 mph and the cop said to us well you haven't seen a 75 mph sign for quite some time now have you. Anyway no point fighting it since you have to appear in Arizona for court. I knew this was a sign we weren't going to hit the big jackpot. Well we made to Vegas & stayed at the Flamingo Hilton and swam everyday for nearly half the day and walked our behinds off the rest. We went to Circus Circus for Donovan's birthday and they boys had a blast, we also went to the tournament of kings show at the Excalibur. I think all the smoke got to Daniella she coughed an awful lot and ended up throwing up on her and me. We ran into a Napoleon Dynamite impersonator on the strip, Donovan just loves that show so he got a real kick out of the guy, who by the way did a great impersonation. At checkout time we went out to the truck and it was filled with ants, we had to take out all the car seats and begin fumigation. We got most of them out however while driving to Mesquite every once and a while you would see one crawling across the dashboard or across the seat. Well while Craig checked into the Oasis I had Donovan get Daniella out of her car seat, he came back and we drove 50 yards to our room. Craig didn't realize Daniella was out of her car seat and opened Donovan's door where I heard a big bang and I though Donovan had dropped his Nintendo DS. Unfortunately it was Daniella who fell out, all Craig saw were legs in the air and he tried to grab them however she slipped through his hands and ended up with a nice bump on her head and a lovely black eye, scared the sh*& out of me. She was a real trooper and luckily we hand tylenol on hand. I wouldn't recommend the Oasis, however the pool was nice, to bad they had to close it because of the storm that hit. It rained so hard and there was no where for the rain to go so streets were like rivers, then the power went out in the entire city for several hours right around dinner time, so we hung out in our room until in came back on. Needless to say we did have a good time and I'm sure it won't be our last trip to Vegas.....

2 comments:

Paige said...

Holy cow Crystal, your stories never fail to amaze me. But, I know I shouldn't be surprised as long as I have known you, your luck has always been the same.

Ericka said...

Yeah those Arizona cops are BRUTAL! Sounds like despite all the bad luck, you had fun all the same!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones